8 Simple Ways to Rock Your Wedding Day
Updated: Feb 28, 2018
At Majestik Wedding Films, we’ve been lucky enough to capture over 250 weddings for inspiring couples from around the world. Here are some of the best tips we can give you, straight from our couples.
1. Be present. It’s true what they say: the day will go by super fast. A couple of times throughout the day, try to take a few seconds by yourself, close your eyes, breathe deep and appreciate that you are surrounded by the most important people in your life.
2. It’s NOT all about the details. Without fail, something will most likely not be exactly as you imagined it. It may be the flowers, table settings, or any one of the other million details you planned. Express you concern to the vendor involved, don’t dwell on it, and focus your attention on all of the amazing things that are going right.
3. Get the video! Every single couple we work with comes back with either “we are SO glad we got a video” or “we are SO bummed out we didn’t get a video.” As mentioned above, the day goes by really fast, and while people love their photos for Instagram, Facebook, and to print out - every single couple seems to come back either psyched they have a video, or regretting they didn’t get one. Video is one of the best mediums for re-living your incredible day and touches on things that even the best photos can’t.
4. Meet your photo and video team before your wedding day. Believe it or not, your photographer/videographer will spend more time with you on your wedding day than your family and closest friends. It is important you like their work, but it’s equally as important, if not more important, that you get along with them on a personal level. Trust them to manage the timeline and flow, set the scene, know the lighting, and let them capture your special day with talent and care. They do this every weekend!
5. Smile. This will not only make you feel better, but those around you. The more genuine and relaxed your smile, the better candid photos and video..
6. Eat! Everyone says this one too, and it’s true - the day is chaotic, you’re nervous, and pulled in a hundred different directions. Please remember to eat! Better yet, have a stash of healthy snacks in a bag or someone’s pocket. Nuts or protein bars are good options. You don’t want your stomach to grumble during your vows, or to have too much champagne on an empty stomach. Eat a healthy, light breakfast, and you’ll have the fuel you’ll need to be fully present in your day...I promise your dress will still fit.
7. Plan and prepare your vendor tips ahead of time, so that it’s effortless for you to give them out the day of - or better yet, put someone else in charge of tipping your vendors. It’s an important thing to do, and the last thing on your mind at the end of your wedding reception. Also, if any of your vendors really went above and beyond, the best thing that you can do is review their business online, and send them referrals so that they can continue to grow their business and give the excellent service you experienced.
8. Have an emergency bag on site. You may not need anything in it, and I hope you don’t - but just having it on site can give you priceless peace of mind. Put into it things like a small sewing kit, double-sided tape, nail clippers, band-aides, feminine supplies, flat shoes, and anything else you think you might possibly need to feel comfortable through out the night.